GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR SUPPORT
Here you can read about what the S. C. Van Fonden supports:
Individuals of primarily Chinese origin who reside or temporarily stay in Denmark in order to accomplish a higher education here (documented matriculation as 3rd year Ph.D. student or similar degree). “Chinese origin” includes individuals born in Denmark or in East Asian countries to Chinese parents. S. C. Van Fonden may not support mercantile studies, residence or sojourn with commercial aims.
Danish citizens’ studies in and scientific relations with China. S. C. Van Fonden may not support mercantile studies, residence or sojourn with commercial aims.
Promotion of art and culture relating to both China and Denmark.
Here you can read more about the application process and the requirements:
- The application must be written in Danish or English.
- The applicant must fill in our digital application form on this website
- E-mail applications and application by post will not be accepted
In the digital application process you will be asked to upload the f documents mentioned below. We recommend that you have the documents ready in PDF- format before you start the application procedure.
- Letter of motivation (1-2 A4 pages).
- Copies of relevant diplomas and recommendations from a Danish or Chinese institute of higher education (categories: Danish and Chinese citizens).
- Documented acceptance by the Danish or the Chinese institution of the applicant as a student/scientist (categories: Danish and Chinese citizens).
- A sufficiently detailed budget. The budget must contain all expected expenses and income together with information concerning applications to other foundations, granted contributions, and information regarding any other kind of financial support (public or private) from Denmark and/or China. Specify if support for the same project has been applied from other foundations and if replies have been given.
- That the S. C. Van Fonden allocates in total DKK 4-5 million for projects and support each year.
- For Culture Projects (category 3) the following applies:
– S.C. Van Fonden does not support projects that has begun or has ended when the board reviews the applications.
– The grant will be paid out when we are notified of the commencement of the project.
– Unless otherwise agreed, the project must be carried out before the end of the year that follows the year when the grant is disbursed.
– If the project is delayed beyond this deadline, the foundation must be notified. The foundation will decide whether the grant can be maintained or whether the grant must be returned to the foundation.
– Upon project closure the grant recipient must send us a short report (1-2 pages) together with an expense account showing the actual use of the grant.
- The S. C. Van Fonden cannot undertake to help with applications for entry visa and residence permit or payment of traveling expenses to Denmark.
- The S. C. Van Fonden rarely supports Internships.
- The S.C. Van Fonden rarely supports applications from students at bachelor level
- PhD students: please note that we do not support specific project expenses or international travel.
REMEMBER the S.C. Van Funds logo
- Be sure to credit the S. C. Van Fund and use the funds logo when publishing and presenting your project.